Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thing 21

Exploring the wikis done by students, schools, classes shows there is no limit to how students can be challenged. One called Aristotle had an outcome of shifting responsibility for learning from teacher to student. http://aristotle-experiment.wikispaces.com/ Browsing the pages revealed some pretty heavy duty topics and student work. Comparison of platforms of presidential candidates done in a blog, Pros/Cons of the death penalty in a wiki, as well as more traditional topics Moby Dick and Romeo and Juliet in wikis. The products are not as polished as in some other tools but the student learning is obvious.

Wikihow is a neat project too. I'd like to write and add an article. Thoughts on the collaborative writing tasks still leave me with a bit of hesitation when it comes to edits without borders. A comment about accidently deleting someones edits caused me to worry a bit. Still I'd like to try it a time or two before forming a final decision. As always, thanks for listening. Leslie

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with how much work you have accomplished in the last week. Only two more things to go. Your blog is interesting and makes the reader want to learn more. I hope others read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I was actually trying to finish before returning to the office but didn't quite make it. It was nice to have the time to sit with the Things and really explore them. We have to be done by April 24th but I hope to finish this week. Thanks for following along with me. It's nice to have someone to interact with. I enjoy all your comments. Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Word 2007 Lessons