Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thing 19 Thing 20

Exploring podcasting and video casting (like the video casting better) was not as interesting as some of the other explorations. I did not subscribe to anything. When I checked my Bloglines for today, I found the greatest segment on the Concord school in Australia. They are a great example of a school where students and staff use several of the 2.0 tools we have explored. Photo sharing, blogging, social networking, and students are now creating and generating their own tools. By the way, it’s a school for students with disabilities. I attempted to embed it into this post but it kept crashing IE. Instead, I added it as a gadget. I think I like it better there anyway that way its always up and visible whenever you visit my blog. It is certainly worth checking out. Let me know what you think. As always, thanks for listening. Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Not all tools work for everyone. You must not be an auditory learner, prefering the visual component.

    I think the important thing for teachers to understand is... what about those students who have different learning styles than their own? What about the auditory learners who are distracted by too much visual stimulation? Incorporating a variety of tools helps us reach all learners.

    Great blog. I thoroughly enjoy your insights!

    ReplyDelete

Word 2007 Lessons