Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thing 4

I could sit for hours and click that NEXT BLOG link and randomly read each one - If I had time! As much as I'd like to do that, I can't. So-o-o-o-0 I have to pick some favorites (which is another challenge), and then I can stay up at night :) and up to date on the latest posts.
I liked the folder aspect of Bloglines and being able to organize them by topics. It's kind of like having new book chapters sent to - you get to watch the story unfold. I also like the fact that I don't have to go check but that info is sent to me. Lee LeFever's explanation was too funny!! Love that low tech explanation of high tech information.
Still struggling with thinking about how a school principal might use this. Communicating with staff comes immediately to mind, things like weekly notes, calendars of events etc. It seems especially helpful for times when there is a need to notify and update frequently. It would also be wonderful to engage teachers in dialogue around instruction - I just worry about the time. Thanks for listening...Leslie

3 comments:

  1. I agree that weekly notes, calendars and events would be helpful sharing, The school that I service posts weekly notes through email and not everyone reads them. In fact some teachers have their husbands read them and give them "relevant data because they are not techno-savvy. It is unbelievable. Our educators need to LEARN new strategies, methods and UTILIZE new tools. I love Lee LeFever also!
    Patricia Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a great tool for the principal to keep teachers updated. The secretary could assist with the uploading process to save time. It is also a way to build and sustain parental involvement. Not just to communicate to parents, but also to provide a view of the professionalism of the school as the principal and teachers stay up to date on important initiatives and resource needs. Parents begin to see how and where they can plug in. If teachers kept a blog for their parents, even if its just the newsletter, the principal can RSS those blogs and monitor when notified of new postings.
    Happy to see you're plugged in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! - Just saw your post -almost makes me want to be principal again ;)

    ReplyDelete

Word 2007 Lessons